The multiplayer beta is here! Now you can play 2-4 player games against your Steam friends around the world with online multiplayer.
Since this was my first time adding multiplayer to a game, it’s taken some time to thoroughly test everything and fix all the bugs. For that reason, I’m doing a brief beta period to stress test the system and make sure nobody encounters any bugs or connection problems that I didn’t encounter in my own testing.
- To participate, right-click on Automata Empire in your steam library.
- Go to Properties.
- In Properties, click the Betas tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select “multiplayer – multiplayer beta”. No code is required.
- In your Steam library, the game’s name should now display as “Automata Empire [multiplayer]”.
- After the game updates on Steam, you will now be able to enter the multiplayer lobby on the main menu.
The online multiplayer lobbies are divided into global regions. If there aren’t any players connected to the same region as you, you can try selecting other regions from the dropdown menu. You can also use the Multiplayer subforum here on Steam to schedule matches with other players. You also have the option to create private matches that only your Steam friends can join.
If nobody reports any issues with multiplayer during this weekend beta, then there should be another announcement coming next week about the full multiplayer release (and a 25% off sale!)
Thank you all for your patience!